the links mine |
6502 Primer |
large math look-up tables |
65c02 assembly structure macros
6502 PRIMER: Building your own 6502 computer
Index to sections:
1. Intro: Why a 6502?
2. Address Decoding
3. Memory Map Requirements
plus: Why 6502 goes low byte first
4. Interrupt Connections: IRQ and NMI
5. 74xx Logic Families and Timing Margins
plus: "Do I Need Bus Transceivers?"
and: Static-Handling Precautions
6. Clock Generation
7. Reset Circuits
8. What Do I Do With the "Mystery" Pins, SYNC, RDY, S.O., Φ1, MLB, BE, and VPB?
9. Construction: Avoiding AC-Performance Problems
10. Expansion Buses and Interfaces
11. Getting More On a Board
12. Answering Wire-Wrap (WW) Questions and Doubts
13. What About Custom PC Boards?
14. I/O ICs
plus: extra info on 6551 ACIA clocking options
16. Where to Buy 65-Family Parts
17. General Steps For A Successful Project
18. Program-Writing: Where Do I Start?
what to put in your .ASM file
20. Tips For Programming the 65(c)02 (some affecting hardware design too)
21. Basic Workbench Equipment
22. Circuit Potpourri
Mostly written in 2003, pulled out of mothballs and updated and published in 2012. Go figure.
Subject to constant improvements! If you find typos, dead links, or inconsistencies, or want something else
covered or something clarified, or want to suggest additional links, material, photos, or diagrams, email me at
firstname.lastname@example.org. For discussion, use the forum.
last updated Oct 15, 2012